- How Long Do CBD Vape Carts Last?
- What Are The Different Types of CBD Vape Carts?
- Can CBD Vapes Go Bad?
- What Happens If I Smoke Expired CBD Vape Cartridges?
- What Happens If I Smoke Near Empty CBD Vapes?
- Will Disposable CBD Vape Pens Last Longer Than Refillable Carts?
- How To Store CBD Vapes
- What Not To Do With CBD Vape Carts
- How Many Hits Can You Get Out Of A CBD Vape?
- How You Can Get More Hits Out Of Your CBD Vape
- Can Vaping CBD Get You High?
- What To Look For In A Good CBD Vape Cart
- Wrapping Up How Long CBD Vapes Last
How Long Do CBD Vape Cartridges Last? How Many Hits?
We’ve gone through so many CBD vape cartridges and it got us wondering how long reusable carts and disposable CBD vape pens can last?
There’s really two parts to this question. How long will your CBD Vapes last before they expire and how many hits can you get out of a cart while vaping CBD?
Will be taking apart this question step by step to look at what happens when your CBD vapes expire and how you can get the most hits per cart.
How Long Do CBD Vape Carts Last?
When it comes to how long your vape cart is going to last, we need to look at both the expiration date as well as how many puffs you can get out of your vape pens.
CBD Vape cartridges typically don’t ship with a printed expiration date. These products are still relatively new and a good consensus on when they go bad has yet to really form.
You can expect a CBD vape cart that hasn’t been smoked to last somewhere between 6 months to 2 years. This depends on the quality of the product you bought as well as how you store it.
If you’re looking for tips on how to make your CBD vape carts last longer, check out the end of this article where we’ve got some Insider advice for best practices for CBD vape storage.
Puffs Per CBD Vape Cart
There are three factors that determine how many puffs you can get out of your favorite cart. That’s the potency of CBD, the volume of the cart, and how big your puffs are.
- CBD Potency—CBD potency is going to have a big impact on how long your cart lasts. a more potent CBD cart might mean that you need fewer puffs to get your desired experience which means the overall cart will last longer
- CBD Cart Volume— The cart volume is also going to play a role. CBD carts typically have a volume around 500 mg, but there are bigger carts that could last longer
- Puff Size & Frequency— The hardest factors to track are your puff size and frequency. Even a small cart might last someone weeks if not longer if they infrequently use CBD or take very small puffs. On the other hand, if you vape CBD often or take huge puffs, your cart might run out in just a few days
What Are The Different Types of CBD Vape Carts?
If we’re talking flavors and cannabinoid profiles, there are an infinite number of different types of CBD carts. However, they all fall under two basic categories of either being disposable pens or refillable tanks.
- Disposable CBD Vape Pens—Disposable CBD vape pens have the cartridge as well as the pen contained in a single housing. These are meant to be thrown away once they’re empty and are not designed to be refilled
- Refillable CBD Tanks and Carts—Refillable tanks and cartridges need to be paired with a vape pen. These are typically 510 threaded pens and cartridges, but there are some proprietary styles out there as well. You can refill these tanks with whatever vape juice you like once they run empty
Refillable CBD tanks tend to last a little bit longer. This is because they often come in larger sizes and you can keep them topped off as needed.
Can CBD Vapes Go Bad?
CBD vapes will expire over time.
The cannabinoids and terpenes in a CBD vape start to degrade over time. This degradation gets worse if they’re exposed to the UV radiation from sunlight as well as excessive heat.
Vapes that have gone bad start to lose their flavor as well as their potency.
What Happens If I Smoke Expired CBD Vape Cartridges?
The community opinion around smoking and expired CBD vape cart suggests that it’s pretty safe.
The two biggest things you’re going to notice if you smoke an expired CBD vape pen is that the potency has gone down considerably and the flavor might be a little off compared to a fresh vape from the same brand.
Currently, there aren’t any major health risks associated with smoking and expired CBD vape cartridges. However, we recommend ditching those 1 to 2 year old expired carts for something a bit more fresh if you have the money to pick up something new.
We’ve also heard from the community that some people find that the smoking experience also gets a little worse over time. Those nice smooth hits tend to get a little rougher and less consistent as the cartridge gets closer to its expiration date.
What Happens If I Smoke Near Empty CBD Vapes?
If your CBD Vape cart is getting low, or it’s totally empty, you definitely don’t want to be smoking it.
The heating coil inside of your vape pen can actually ignite the wick if there’s not enough vape juice left in the cartridge. Low quality CBD vapes can also start to ignite plastic components creating a foul smelling, toxic smoke.
That smoke that comes out of a near empty CBD vape pen is definitely something you don’t want to be inhaling. Not only will it have lost the therapeutic benefits of CBD, but it could actually contain harmful chemicals from burning wicks and plastic parts.
If you start to notice that your CBD vape pen is getting low, it’s time to either pick up a new disposable pen or refill that tank.
Will Disposable CBD Vape Pens Last Longer Than Refillable Carts?
Disposable pens don’t last as long as reusable CBD vape cartridges and the reason behind this is going to surprise you!
A disposable CBD vape pen and a reusable CBD vape cart might last the same amount of time if they contain the same milligrams of vape juice and they have the same battery life.
However, disposable CBD vape pens aren’t designed to last that long. We often find that the battery runs out before we Vape all of the CBD oil.
This leaves us with CBD oil stuck in a disposable pen that we can’t use.
Reusable carts mean that you can change out the batteries or recharge your pen. That means you’ll never have to waste a single drop of CBD vape juice and you’ll be able to get the most out of your vaping experience.
How To Store CBD Vapes
Whether you are using disposable vape pens or reusable CBD carts, we have some tips for storing your vapes. This will help you make sure that your vape lasts as long as possible and you get every single drop of CBD oil out of your cart.
The first thing that you need to do is make sure that you never store your CBD vapes near a heat source. This could be a vent, a radiator, or even a bag that’s going to be sitting out in the sun. Heat cannot only degrade the vape juice, it can also damage the cart and pen.
Speaking of the sun, you want to keep your CBD vape carts stored away from direct sunlight. Direct sunlight creates a lot of heat and can even warp the cart and the pen making them unsmokable.
CBD vapes should be stored at room temperature. We’ve already talked about how high heat can damage your vapes, but cold weather can also degrade the CBD oil and damage the pen.
If your pen has a removable battery, you want to take that out before long-term storage. This prevents the battery from draining too quickly if you plan on putting a pen into long-term storage.
Another tip we’ve got is to store your CBD vapes upright. This helps reduce the chance of leaks and make sure that your pens are ready to go when it’s time to vape.
We’ve got dedicated containers for our CBD vape carts, refillable vape juice, and disposable pens. This keeps them out of reach of pets and other small hands that could accidentally damage the vapes.
What Not To Do With CBD Vape Carts
Here’s a few quick things that you should never do with your CBD Vape cart or disposable pen. These are common mistakes that we see people make that cost them puffs or even ruin entire carts.
Never store your CBD vape cart on a windowsill or anywhere where it’s going to get a lot of direct sunlight.
You should also be careful about where you store your carts in your home. We’ve seen people accidentally store carts too close to a radiator only to come home and find all of their vape pens destroyed.
Also be mindful when storing your vape pen in your pocket or in a bag. This is specially important for people new to vaping CBD who might accidentally sit on or bend an expensive vape.
Remember to detach the cart from the pen itself when it comes time to store your vapes. You never want to leave the battery and the cart connected which not only drains the battery, but it can also damage the heating elements inside of the vape.
How Many Hits Can You Get Out Of A CBD Vape?
Everybody wants to know how many puffs they get when vaping CBD. Calculating the amount of puffs in your vape can be a little tricky, but we’ve got some info to help you out.
The average CBD Vape is going to last somewhere between 200 and 400 puffs. This is going to depend on the amount of CBD oil in the vape as well as the size of your puffs.
Individuals who like to take a deep inhale for some big clouds will be closer to the 200 end of the spectrum while users who take more modest puffs will be able to get nearly double the amount of inhalations out of their vape.
Another thing that you need to look at is how much CBD you intend on using for your desired therapeutic effect.
How Many CBD Vape Puffs Do I Need?
The amount of puffs you need from your CBD vape is going to vary based on the therapeutic benefit that you’re looking to experience and the overall potency of your cart.
On average, people tend to take somewhere between 5 mg and 25 mg of CBD either daily or as needed. Some people take two to four puffs throughout the day while others regularly take puffs every hour or so.
We always recommend starting with a small dose of CBD and working your way up until you’re experiencing your desired effect. Researchers consider CBD to be very safe for humans which means the risks of taking too much CBD are pretty minimal.
How You Can Get More Hits Out Of Your CBD Vape
We’re always looking to get more out of our CBD vape pens and so we put together a few tips for you to make the most out of every single drop of CBD oil in your cart.
- Always store your CBD pens upright which help keeps the oil concentrated and prevents it from drying out
- You can gently heat a CBD cart using a blow dryer to free up any CBD oil that happens to be stuck away from the heating element
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when it comes to how long you should be pressing the activation button for and any other technical specifications for your particular brand of vape
- Follow the other tips that we talked about above for CBD vape storage and what not to do to make sure that your carts and disposable vapes last as long as they can
Can Vaping CBD Get You High?
CBD vape pens have a strong therapeutic benefit, but they can not get you.
It’s literally chemically impossible for CBD to get you high. The same high that you can experience with THC just doesn’t happen with CBD on a biological level.
CBD acts to block the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system. This is a naturally occurring network of receptors throughout the body that are designed to detect the presence of cannabinoids.
THC activates these receptors while CBD blocks activation. In fact, fans of THC even use CBD to take the edge off of a high that’s gotten too intense.
What To Look For In A Good CBD Vape Cart
Not sure where to start when shopping for a CBD Vape cart? You’ve got more options than ever when it comes to buying CBD so we’ve put together four things that you should look for in every single CBD cart you buy.
- Budget—You can find highly affordable CBD vape carts as well as high-end models with a premium price tag. The good news is, there are high quality products at nearly every budget price point
- Potency—Potency refers to the concentration of CBD in your vape cartridge. The higher the potency, the more CBD you you can get per puff
- Volume—Volume refers to the overall size of the cartridge. A bigger cartridge is ideal for people who take frequent hits from their vape while the smaller cartridge might be better for someone looking for a more casual experience
- Brand Must Haves—Here’s a few things that every good CBD vape should have. Every single CBD product should be tested by an independent third-party laboratory for quality as well as purity. You should also check to make sure that the company is sourcing their hemp using reliable and sustainable practices
Wrapping Up How Long CBD Vapes Last
CBD vape cartridges don’t have a strict expiration date. With that said, you can expect a CBD vape to last a few days to even a few months depending on how many puffs you take on a daily basis.
Your CBD vape cart is also going to last you 6 months to 2 years before it starts to degrade and lose flavor.
Always start vaping your carts right away and only ever buy a cart a few months out from when you expect your current cart to expire or run out.
Keep these tips in mind and you’re going to always be smoking the freshest CBD vapes out there.