Vaping is an alternative to smoking cigarettes or any other substance. Electronic vaporization, or vaping as it is now known has become popular over recent years, and as with anything in life there are some benefits and some drawbacks, this article aims to provide a list of the pros and cons of vaping.
The pros of vaping e-cigarettes
- The Sweet Smell: Although smoking cigarettes may be viewed the same as vaping. The smells are very different, and smoking is that single disgusting smell that lingers on your clothes. While vaping aromas are much more inviting, such as bakery, fruit, and candy.
- Health Improvement: Given the list of harmful and toxic chemicals in cigarettes, vaping is almost certainly less dangerous to your health. Many smokers don’t or can’t exercise as they have already given in to the fact it’s unhealthy and this can lead to a downward spiral of health issues including depression and obesity.
- Feeling Healthier: Smokers who have shifted to vaping are keen to point out that they cough less, their skin feels better, they are less irritable and have way more energy than when they smoked. On top of all that they also report improved circulation, less nausea and best of all they regain their sense of smell and taste.
- Money Saving: If you crunch the numbers, vaping can save you money, take a look at this study from Veppo. Starter kits are reasonably cheap and can get you saving money in no time. Once you have bought a vape mod or tank, the only cost is juice and a new coil head each week.
- More Variety: Vaping comes in many flavors and styles, everyone chooses something slightly different, and each device has its character and personality that makes it very individual.
- More Choice: The choice of nicotine levels in juice means that smokers can start on what they are used to and slowly wean themselves off to the point of avoiding nicotine altogether if they wish.
The cons of vaping e-cigarettes
- Dry Mouth: PG is used as a preservative as it is a Hygroscopic compound which means it can absorb moisture in the air. Vaping PG will absorb the moisture in your mouth, the salvia and bind to it leaving your mouth feeling dry. You might be thinking at this point, But “I vape high VG” but just like PG, VG is also hygroscopic and causes dry mouth. Drinking water solves two potential problems of vaping: it clears the palate, and also helps to rehydrate you.
- Dizziness: Nicotine is a stimulant, and too much of it can cause dizziness or nausea. If you have problems, the first thing to do is take a break from vaping. If the problem continues, you probably need to reduce your nicotine strength to avoid the problem in future.
- Allergies: E-Liquids contain many different flavorings that they derive from food products that cause allergies, such as chocolate and nuts. Many people are known to be allergic to PG (some even VG). If you have had an adverse or allergic reaction while vaping, it makes sense to try switching e-liquids first as this will help you to discover whether it is propylene glycol that you are sensitive to, or whether it is a different ingredient in the e-juice.
- Judgement: Even though vaping is becoming more popular, the public is still clueless about it. People always judge vaping in the same light as smoking. It’s our job as vapers to educate them and also try to convert more smokers into vapers.
- Battery Safety: There are no batteries designed explicitly for vaping. Misusing rechargeable batteries by either placing them the wrong way round or shorting them in some other way can result in injury. It’s a rare occurrence, and ultimately the responsibility of the user so can be avoided by educating ourselves and taking more care.
- Finding the right e-juice: There are so many choices of e-juice out there and finding the right one can often be a difficulty. As we always say in our e-Liquid reviews “taste is subjective.” which makes it difficult to recommend juice to someone.