The Smok RPM 40 Kit is the latest release from Smok is the pod mod market, and finally, it’s one to get excited about.
Smok is known for releasing a plethora of devices without too much originality, but the RPM which stands for ‘Real Pod Mod’ is precisely that, a real pod mod.
The RPM 40 offers a huge internal 1500mAh battery and a 0.96in TFT color screen. It also has a maximum output of 40W and can be adjusted in 1W increments.
It is using Smok’s new chipset the internal IQ-R chip, which also claims to shorten the firing time to 0.001S.
All of this versatility and control is backed up by the coil options. The RPM has the option not only use the new RPM coils, but also Nord coils and an optional RBA section.
Yes, Smok has followed Smoant, Vapefly, and Augvape in allowing users to rebuild the coils in their AIO/Pod mod.
In order to use utilize the different coils, the RPM 40 comes with two different pods, both have a 4.3ml capacity.
In the kit, you get both the RPM pod with 0.4ohm RPM mesh coil and the Nord pod with the 0.6ohm Nord dual coil.
Here’s a rundown on the coils options:
- RPM Coil range consists of the RPM Mesh (0.4ohm), Triple 0.6ohm, Quartz 1.2ohm, and 1ohm coils.
- Nord Coil range – Regular DC (0.6ohm twin coil), Mesh (0.6ohm), MTL Mesh (0.8ohm), and regular (1.4ohm).
- RBA Coil Head, a two-post build deck – sold separately (coming soon)
As with most Smok pod systems, there seems to be no airflow control; instead, the airflow will be down to the coil used inside the pod.
As for the design of the RPM 40 Kit, it resembles the OBS Cube and Cube Mini in shape and form but keeps to true to Smok’s form of garish colors and that duck-billed mouthpiece.
The Smok RPM 40 kit comes in 8 colors; Bright Black, Prism Chrome, Purple Red, Prism Gold, Prism Rainbow, White, Orange, and Green.
When it comes to pod mods, Smok flooded the market, but it must be said that even though the Nord was extremely popular with users, there was no real stand out kit.
In fact, it was all pretty much the same from Smok.
The RPM 40 Kit certainly seems to bring something new to the table. A 40W device with a color screen, large battery, and full wattage control backed up by an enormous option of coils.
The fact that Smok will be offering an RBA section for this device is what really excites me, and it could just be the most versatile pocket-friendly kit available.
Shame there’s no mention of airflow control though!
- Size: 25x25x99mm
- E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD) – refillable
- Battery: 1500mAh (internal)
- Display: 0.96in TFT colour screen
- Pod options: RPM pod (uses new RPM coils) / Nord pod (uses existing Nord coils) both included. Possible RBA pod in future
- Output: 1-40W adjustable
- Resistance range: 0.2-2.5ohm
- IQ-R fast firing chipset
- Fast charge – 2 hour charging
- Smok RPM 40 device
- RPM pod – RPM 0.4ohm mesh coil installed
- Nord pod – Nord DC 0.6ohm coil installed
- USB Cable
- User manual
WHO IS IT FOR?
Vapers looking for a more versatile pod system with Variable Wattage. Will suit fans of the Nord, and will appeal to experienced vapers with its RBA section.